Skip to main content

Gotta love animals

Sometimes I have my bad days but usually I have good days. I always wake up happy, say something good about the day and look forward to crossing items off my to-do list. But then there are days when I wake up and think about the future and wish it would come a bit quicker. I guess there are times in our life when we can't rush the days and have to stay busy to pass the time. My bucket list of my nutrition-related books, videos, shows (I'd love to have a show on the food network), articles and so much more, grows every day. My head is filled with a gazzillion ideas but not until I get that RD behind my name will I pursue my big dreams. For now, I'm enjoying helping as many people as I can through my articles on beginnertriathlete.com and irongirl.com, in addition to my blog.
My life is very routine. Wake up around 5-6am, workout, stay busy all day, cook a Marni-creation for dinner, watch TV and hang with Karel in the evening and go to bed around 9:30pm. Although I really love my life, I really really really love my pets. Smudla, Madison and Campy never have a bad day. Everyday is a lottery day, a new day, an exciting day worth waking up for. Campy's life, for example, is very routine. I could write down his routine, leave him with a friend and he would follow it to the minute. But now matter what the day, he is happy. He greets me at the door as if I was gone for a week when I was only gone for a few hours.
Madison is living a dream. She cried her way to our door a few months ago and now she is living the life of luxury. She is no longer sleeping in bushes, she sprawls out on our couch every afternoon. She absolutely loves Campy but Smudla has yet to give her a proper welcome to the Smulda-kingdom. Then there is Smudla, who has a huge personality and lives in her own world. I like to say that this is Smudla's apartment, we just pay the rent and feed her.
I just couldn't resist taking these pics today. Although Smudla was sleeping under the bed, my day goes from Blah to YAY when I am with my furry little ones.





Where's Campy?